Namco Bandai Games today announced the final pre-order offer content for its highly anticipated fighting game Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
On the launch day of Tekken Tag Tournament 2, fans who placed pre-orders with Shopto.net or Zavvi.com will receive early access to 2 exclusive characters, the Snoop Dogg Stage, the ‘Big Bikini Bundle’, a skirt for Lili de Rochefort and additional content for PlayStationNetwork or Xbox LIVE accounts.
- Exclusive Characters: Depending on the retailer, players will have immediate access to 2 of the following characters at launch:
- ShopTo.net: Michelle Chang and Angel
- Zavvi.co.uk: Kunimitsu and Ancient Ogre
- The Snoop Dogg Stage : This fighting arena continues a tradition of iconic stage backgrounds throughout Tekken history, with the Doggfather making an appearance as a non-playable character. The legend himself has also composed and performed an exclusive track ‘Knocc ‘em Down’ which will feature in this stage.
- The Big Bikini Bundle: More than 150 swimsuits offer a very different style of costume for all characters, even Panda and Kuma!
- Lili de Rochefort’s skirt: This item is part of the customisable costumes of iconic TEKKEN character Lili. This particular outfit has been created using Havok Physics technology .
- Additional Content for PlayStationNetwork: PlayStation3 owners will have immediate access to a Dynamic Theme for their PSN account.
- Additional Content for Xbox Live : Xbox 360 owners will have immediate access to two Avatar Outfits for Xbox LIVE accounts.
- ShopTo.net: Yoshimitsu and Raven
- Zavvi.co.uk: Lili and Kazuya
European Tekken fans can also purchase the “We are Tekken” collector’s edition of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 from GAME and Gamestation. Packed within an exclusive metal case, the edition includes the game’s original soundtrack plus an additional music CD with remixes, a 200+ page artbook and an exclusive 50 minute film featuring Tekken’s legendary producer Katsuhiro Harada and other special guests giving their best Tokyo tips.
Tekken shattered fighting game genre barriers when it unveiled tag-based combat with the release of Tekken Tag Tournament in 1999. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 continues to break boundaries with the introduction of the new Fight Lab mode, where players can customise the moves and appearance of new training character, Combot. Players that clear the innovative Fight Lab will have mastered the complexities of Tekken and own their own customised Combot, which can be used in offline and non-ranked online play.
In addition to this, one-on-one fighting and solo fighter vs. tag-team battles have been added to enhance the range of gameplay options for seasoned Tekken fans while providing an easier point of access to new players. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 also includes Pair Play, where up to four players can each control a character in the ultimate team battle.