The Bramble Beatdown update (version 1.2) has been released for co-op village-building sandbox Drake Hollow. In addition to a slew of quality-of-life improvements, the update vastly expands the game's combat systems and adds new vine types to the title's family-friendly fantasy world. Check out the update's trailer above, and read on for a look at the major changes.
Drake Hollow: Bramble Beatdown
- Parrying: Perfectly-timed blocks will now stagger enemies and send projectiles flying back to foes.
- Charged Attacks: Holding down the attack button will now trigger a powerful area-of-effect attack.
- Lock-On: A lock-on system makes tracking enemies easier.
- Unblockable attacks: Some enemies can now launch attacks which players cannot block.
- Improved Enemy Raid AI: More advanced enemy AI in raids opens up more complex tactical options for players.
- Exploding Grunts: A particularly hot-headed variety of Grunt has been added to the game, and they're liable to explode.
- Exploding Vines: Vines which explode upon taking damage.
- Angry Vines: These vines attack both you and your enemies when you get too close.
- Aether Vines: Buffs enemies.
- Soothing Vines: Causes defeated enemies to respawn and regenerate until destroyed.
For a look at the official patch notes, featuring the various bug fixes and quality-of-life changes, click on the button below.
The Bramble Beatdown update is available now for Drake Hollow on Xbox One and PC (via Steam and the Microsoft Store).