The popular event, Fortnitemares, is back and is promised to be bigger than ever! With new updates every day in October, the month will be packed with new and returning Halloween outfits and many more which will be revealed in future weekly updates on the Fortnite blog.
Here is what has been revealed for the first week of Fortnitemares:
- Discover new and returning Halloween Outfits through flipped cards on the official Fortnite channels. These cards will reveal the legendary monsters making their way (or finding their way back) to the Island.
- Iconic creatures such as the Universal Studios-inspired Frankenstein’s Monster and The Mummy will also be joining the game as a part of the Universal Monsters Set, and will be available in the Fortnite Item Shop.
- For some IRL action, the Battle Bus and cosplay Fortnite characters will be at Universal CityWalk, with never-before-seen original Fortnitemares characters appearing on the very day they will go live in the Fortnite Item Shop.
- Shortnitemares is returning as Fortnite’s third Short Nite film festival! This time around the animated shorts will be based on the ghoulish and sinister, and take place in a creator-made movie theater (created by Quantam Builds). More details to come as the show gets closer.
- Finally, Fortnitemares brings Chapter 2 Season 8 gameplay twists and turns. The Cubes are going to be eerier than ever as they’ll level up their domination over the Island. Players will get the chance to obtain a new weapon from The Sideways.