The Nintendo Switch has just received one of its biggest updates since launch. Update 4.0 adds a number of notable features, the most prominent being video capture support and the ability to transfer data to a new system.
In order to capture video game footage the user must hold down the Capture button, this will record the previous 30 seconds and save it to the album. This footage can then be edited and shared to Facebook or Twitter.
- Capture video on select games, up to 30 seconds will be saved in the Album and can be posted to Facebook and Twitter. Games compatible with this feature as of 18 October include: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, ARMS and Splatoon 2.
- 12 new Super Mario Odyssey and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild icons.
- Transfer user data to another system
- Pre-purchase option on the Nintendo eShop
- News channel has been updated with a new look and unfollowing a channel will remove that channel’s content from the news feed.
- Local devices will match their versions so everyone’s software will be updated to match the most recent version in the group.
- TKIP security will now display in search results as a grayed-out selection instead of not being displayed.
The Nintendo Switch is the latest console released by Nintendo, the first of its kind the Switch is a home console that can be docked and displayed on your home TV or removed from the dock and played as a handheld console.