Persona 5 Royal is almost here: on the 31st March players will be revisiting the streets of Tokyo and stealing hearts with their band of Phantom Thieves. What differentiates this release from the plain old Persona 5 though? It's on the same platform after all, is it worth a purchase for you? Read on for the highlights of Royal:
- Kasumi, a new party member has been added.
- The story has been expanded with a whole new semester (complete with an additional Palace).
- A bonus content 'Museum' in the form of the 'Thieves Den'.
- Brand new cutscenes.
- Kichijoji, a massive, all-new explorable locations has been created with its own sights and activities.
- Two new fully fleshed-out confidants, with existing confidants receiving additional social scenes.
- New in-game events and holidays.
- New Personas, weapons, enemies, armour and items.
- Two more potential endings.
- Roughly 30 more music tracks.
On top of this, countless gameplay changes and tweaks are set to improve the Persona 5 experience in Royal. It's clear that this is more than a re-release: real effort has been put into overhauling the entire experience.
Check out the latest trailer above. Persona 5 Royal releases exclusively for PlayStation 4 on 31st March.