PUBG Corp. and Tencent have released a new update for their mobile version of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. Version 0.4.0 includes a vast number of gameplay adjustments and a couple of new game modes.
One of the main features of the new update is the new 28-player Arcade Mode. Players can either go at it solo or squad up with friends. There are six different match types with one variation being chosen at random at the beginning of the game. Each variation does something different in terms of weapon selection. Either allowing the full range of weapons in a game, none at all, or limiting the player to a specific type.
Training Grounds is a new solo only mode that allows players to get their eye in and practice with weapons before jumping into a match.
Along with the addition of the new modes, the developers have been making numerous gameplay adjustments. A follow function can now be used before parachuting and after landing. Automatic door opening can be enabled in the settings, and improvements have been made to leaning and firing.
Tencent also announced that they will begin banning cheaters in PUBG Mobile to ensure healthy, competitive play. "Players who are found using software or additional hardware to gain an unfair advantage will be banned with immediate effect".
The full list of patch notes can be found below.
PUBG Mobile Version 0.4.0 Patch Notes
- 28 player mode, with each match taking on one of 6 variations.
- 6 variations: Shotguns, Sniper Rifles, Pistols, all weapons, melee only, and item heaven.
- Try out items, weapons, and practice your shooting skills.
- Follow function has been added, can be used before parachuting and after landing.
- Automatic door opening can now be enabled in settings.
- Pause time between picking up multiple items has been adjusted.
- The teammate elimination icon now disappears after some time.
- Adjusted sound effects for footsteps, UI, vehicles, and entering /exiting the Blue Zone.
- Jumping is no longer affected by sprinting.
- The crosshair is no longer blocked by the camera when standing next to a wall.
- 4X and 8X issues with choppiness have been resolved.
- New animations for being attacked and defeated have been added.
- Improved firing animations.
- Leaning improvements: movement and animation speed increased, "Lean & Open Scope" and "Lean & Fire" have been added.
- Enhanced combat experience: shake/vibration improved, button feedback improved, animations while being attacked have been improved and randomized.
- Camera perspective now switches after death to the player who delivered the killing blow.
- Motorcycles now have flipping tricks
- Added Nitrous Oxide engine to cars.
- Previously used vehicles are now be marked on the minimap.
- Voice Chat Optimization:
- Fixed an issue that caused voice chat to stop working after creating a group.
- Fixed crashing issues that have been reported by some players.
- Improved Bluetooth headset issues in iOS (optimization on this is on-going).
- Fixed an issue occurring with Android phones, that was not properly displaying an error when the game did not have access to a microphone.
- Voice chat is now supported by more devices.
- Added a new background, Dusk
- Players can now swap between a 2 column and 3 column view when opening crates.
- Added 3D touch firing options for iOS.
- Results screen: added a performance chart, daily reward limits are now shown.
- Rank 1 coupons now available.
- Items & cheats now available.
- New outfits now available (region-specific outfit will be available soon!)
- Duplicate outfits can now be destroyed for currency to purchase new items.
- A Rename Card has also been added which grants 1 name change.