Royal Mail Celebrates the UK's Videogame Industry With Stamps Featuring Iconic Titles and Characters
Royal Mail, the UK's leading postal service, is issuing a special collection of stamps inspired by "iconic games from the 1980s and '90s". The limited edition collection aims to celebrate the UK-based programming talent that helped pioneer home gaming in its early years and supported the industry as it grew in the following decades.
The 12 stamps that make up the collection draw from a variety of systems and genres: from the ZX Spectrum to the Mega Drive; Wipeout to Lemmings. With that said, Tomb Raider is given special attention, four of the collection's stamps are based on Lara Croft's adventures over the years. For a full list of featured games, check out the bottom of this page.
Royal Mail knows how to cater to the stamp collecting community with sets like these. Recently, in time for The Rise of Skywalker's release, the company issued a Star Wars stamp collection alongside all manner of collector's binders, posters and souvenirs. A similar assortment of collector's paraphernalia is releasing with this videogame-centric stamp collection.
The set is available to pre-order now, with an official release of 21st January 2020.
All Featured Games
- Elite - 1984 - BBC Micro and Acorn Electron
- Dizzy - 1987 - ZX Spectrum
- Populous - 1989 - Commodore Amiga
- Lemmings - 1991 - Commodore Amiga
- Micro Machines - 1991 - Sega Mega Drive
- Sensible Soccer - 1992 - Commodore Amiga
- Wipeout - 1995 - Sony PlayStation
- Worms - 1995 - Commodore Amiga
- Tomb Raider - 1996
- Tomb Raider III: Adventures of Lara Croft - 1998
- Tomb Raider Chronicles - 2000
- Tomb Raider (Reboot) - 2013