After releasing on Steam over a month ago, Chrono Trigger has gotten an update on Steam that addresses a number of fan complaints.
To those of you who are unaware, the Steam release of Chrono Trigger was sadly a bit of a let down for fans as it turned out to be nothing more than a release of the mobile version. Now though Square Enix have released a patch that addressed a number of complaints include changes to the titles graphics settings.
You can read the full patch notes below.
Chrono Trigger is available on Steam now.
- Character sprites and background graphics adjusted to be more in-line with the original style of Chrono Trigger. This can be selected from the menu as “Original” graphics, and is the new default selection.
- The font has been updated to give the game a more classic look.
- Text which did not match the game experience on PC has been revised, and a large number of other text issues have been corrected.
- Fixed the way the word “TRIGGER” is displayed as it floats in on the title screen.
- Adjusted the order of the demo video and animated opening sequence from the title screen to be more in-line with previous versions of the game.
- The background gradient of each text window has been adjusted to make it darker towards the bottom.