After being delayed from Christmas 2020 to "Q1 2021", Arkane Studios' DEATHLOOP has now been given a firm release date of 21st May 2021 for PlayStation 5 and PC, as confirmed by the official release date trailer above.
Interestingly, despite Arkane now being owned by Microsoft, as a result of the recent Microsoft-Bethesda acquisition, the timed-exclusivity arrangement for DEATHLOOP on PlayStation 5 consoles still stands. Xbox Series S/X owners will eventually be able to get in on DEATHLOOP's seamless single-player/multiplayer assassination action, but they'll just have to wait a little longer.
Additionally, the details of the game's Deluxe Edition on PlayStation 5 have also been revealed:
- Eat The Rich Tribunal Unique Weapon
- .44 Karat Fourpounder Unique Weapon
- "Party Crasher" Colt Character Skin
- "Sharp Shooter" Julianna Character Skin
- Original Game Soundtrack Selections
- Two Trinkets (equippable in-game buffs)
- The Prey-inspired Unique Weapon, Transtar Trencher (PlayStation 5 Exclusive)
With the following bonuses available to customers who pre-order either the standard or Deluxe editions:
- "Storm Rider" Colt Character Skin
- One Trinket (equippable in-game buff)
- A Dishonored-inspired Unique Weapon, Royal Protector Machete (PlayStation 5 Exclusive)
DEATHLOOP releases on PlayStation 5 and PC on the 21st May. Pre-orders are open now.