A new update has been revealed for Fortnite and its battle royale mode as a number of updates and new features come with update V.1.8.2.
The first big addition is the bush. This new consumable camouflages item is a one-time use that will render players as an inconspicuous bush. If the player wearing it takes damage, including damage from the storm, the bush is destroyed. Additionally it can only be found in chests and supply drops and is of legendary rarity. This item is sure to mix things up even more in the already crazy Fortnite Battle Roayle.
Included in the update is also the new Season Shop. This is an item shop in Fortnite Battle Royale that will offer gliders, outfits and harvesting tools. As players level up each season they will unlock different items to purchase from the store. The current line up for season one is as follows:
- Level 5 - Glider : Aerial Assault One
- Level 15 - Outfit : Aerial Assault Trooper
- Level 20 - Outfit : Renegade Raider
- Level 35 - Pickaxe : Raider's Revenge
Included in the update are a number of changes and updates which you can view in the patch notes below. Fortnite Battle Royale is available for free on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC with the Save The World campaign requiring a purchase to play.
Update V.1.8.2 patch notes
- Fixed several localization issues.
- Fixed several client crashes.
- Adjusted Pump Shotgun falloff damage.
- 100% damage up to 7.68 meters
- 70% damage at 18 meters
- 20% at 30 meters
- 0% at 41 meters
- Increased the time it takes to transition from hip-fire to targeting mode after unintentionally decreasing it in a previous update.
- It previously took 0.25 seconds to raise and lower weapons.
- It now takes 0.4 seconds to raise weapons and 0.45 seconds to lower weapons.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in weapons not having ammo when picked up.
- Fixed a recoil bug which made aiming upwards faster than aiming downwards while firing.
- Added a scroll bar for the daily challenge list so that the “Collect Rewards” button is no longer pushed off screen when five or more challenges are displayed.
- The loading screen no longer displays “Solo” when entering or leaving a Squad match.
- You can now repair structures while in build mode using the “Combat Pro” configuration.
- Hold the right thumbstick down to repair.
- The Right Trigger label (“RT”) on the controller layout image is now assigned to the correct button.
- Optimized shadow rendering to improve overall performance.
- Optimized visibility calculations for objects to improve rendering performance.
- Made improvements to foliage rendering affecting CPU and GPU performance.
- Reduced in-game hitches by preloading additional assets in the matchmaking lobby instead of mid-match.
- Resolved multi-second hitching and freezing on consoles.
- Fixed a few issues that unintentionally awarded players with completed challenges.
SAVE THE WORLD:
- Added a “Play Now” button to the Fortnitemares event page.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the weak point from appearing while harvesting resources.
- Fixed an issue which blocked the ShadowShard evolution choice from the Gravedigger rifle.
- Fixed an issue which caused the chat window to block the “View Event” button in the menus.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Ceiling Drop Trap and Ice Floor Trap to display Star level one on the schematic even when upgraded to level two or higher.
- Fixed an issue which prevented Ramirez's ponytail from showing.
- Fixed several cases of subtitles not matching the corresponding voice lines.