Drinkbox Studios has announced that Guacamelee! 2 will soon be coming to Steam. Although there is no current release date this announcement coincides nicely with the company's 10th anniversary. In celebration of this Drinkbox has announced a 90% off sale for all their content on Steam, so click here to try out the original game before its sequel appears.
Guacamelee! 2 will build on the original with the following features:
- New Player Mechanics – Experience all new mechanics like Eagle Boost, a hooking mechanic that allows Juan to attach and fly through “boost points” in the environment
- Super Chicken! – A unique set of new abilities and moves for the chicken form, giving the player more varied and interesting chicken gameplay
- New Enemies and Environments – Guacamelee 2 takes place in a whole new part of Mexico, with completely new areas, enemies, and bosses
- 4-Player Local Co-op – Take on enemies as a solo luchador, or with a group of friends!
- Visual Enhancements – Redesigned lighting system for both characters and environments to take advantage of advanced hardware rendering features
Check out the announcement trailer above for more info.