Releasing on 24th September for PC, The Last Stand Update is a community-driven update for Left 4 Dead 2 with the Valve official "seal of approval". Although the content itself isn't created by the Left 4 Dead team (or Valve at all), it is going to release as an official update for the game once it launches. In anticipation of the big day, JAiZ, Left 4 Dead community figure, released an official trailer for the update. Check it out above.
It's not just a new campaign, however. An array of additions and tweaks come packaged into The Last Stand. Take a look at the list below:
- 30 brand new achievements
- 26 new survival maps
- 4 new scavenge maps
- 2 brand new melee weapons
- Left 4 Dead (original) infected
- New, previously unused voice lines
- New character animations
- Reworked gun models and animations
- PvP enhancements and balance changes
- Official implementation of CSS weapons
- Brand new mutations
- Improved UI options
- Hundreds of bug and exploit fixes
The Last Stand Update releases for Left 4 Dead 2 on PC 24th September.