Many battles in World of Warcraft often centre around a threat that is neither Horde or Alliance. These threats would create uneasy alliances between the two warring factions but ultimately they never last due to the long history of bad blood. Battle for Azeroth could be the finale to a war that began back in 1994 with Blizzard's first real time strategy game Warcraft.
The trailer features Anduin Wrynn of the Alliance attempting to retake the capital city of Lordaeron with Sylvanas the Banshee Queen of the Forsaken holding the defense. These two characters are incredibly powerful beings and the trailer shows this with each side rallying to their leader's call, equally matched and equally unwavering in their cause this is a battle for the ages.
Features for Battle For Azeroth:
- There are four new playable races to recruit that will have their own quests and distinctive Heritage Armour Sets. For the Alliance there are the Void Elf and Lightforged Draenei. Horde will be able to recruit the Nightborne and Highmountain Tauren.
- New Alliance Kingdom: Kul Tiras is the seafaring kingdom of, home of Jaina Proudmoore players will be able to explore the stony peaks of Tiragarde Sound, the rolling plains of Drustvar and the deep intricate canals of Stormson Valley.
- New Horde Empire: Zandalar is home to brutal Trolls , dinosaurs and titan constructs, members of the Horde must attempt to tame the land before they can make it their own. Explore Zuldazar, the oldest city in Azeroth, the dreaded swamps of Nazmir and the deadly deserts of Vol’dun.
- New PvP and PvE battles await, uncharted Islands are unmapped isles of Azeroth that have rare untapped resources that will be needed for the coming war.
- Imbue gear with the Heart of Azeroth, a legendary necklace that can grant armour with new powers and traits.
- The level cap has been increased to 120 and character boosts will be available for new or existing heroes to level to 110 immediately.
- The golden city of Atal’Dazar and the outlaw town of Freeholdl are just two of the many new dungeons and raids for players to fight through.
- Storm the Warfront is a 20-player cooperative objective to lay claim a strategic location. Players will build up their factions forces and battle enemy commanders in a new PvE mode inspired by classic Warcraft RTS battles.
- Players will now be able to participate in cross-real social groups so that finding other players with similar interests will be easier than ever.
World Of Warcraft Battle For Azeroth was announced at the opening ceremony for Blizzcon and is yet to receive a release date.